As in all other countries of the world, the food delivery business has been growing in Australia over the past decade. More and more people are opting for home deliveries instead of takeaways and dining-out options. The recent worldwide events can be a significant contributor to hyping this trend, as now people like to eat food in the comfort of their homes without indulging in the hassle of getting dressed and going out to dine.
In this article, we have summarized the Australian food delivery statistics for 2022-2023. So, without further delays, let’s get straight into this comprehensive information!
Online Food Delivery Statistics Australia
Following are some striking figures for Australia’s online food delivery statistics in 2022-2023. Let’s have a detailed look at them below:
- The Online Food Delivery Markets’ revenue is expected to touch the mark of $10.1bn in 2023.
- This revenue will likely result in a projected market volume with an annual growth rate of $15.32bn by 2027, with an annual growth rate of 10.98%.
- The ARPU, Average Revenue Per User in the Grocery Delivery segment, will reach $1.04k in 2023.
- As expected, the largest share in the market is of Grocery Delivery, with a skyrocketed market volume of $8.06bn in 2023.
- The number of users in the Grocery segment of the Online Food Delivering industry is expected to increase rapidly and reach 10.0m users by 2027.
- To your surprise, the revenue generated by this segment is expected to witness a growth of 16.3% in 2024.
- According to experts, there will be 45.3% user penetration in the Online Food Delivery Market in 2023.
Did you know? – On a global comparison, most revenue will be generated by the Online Food Delivery Market of China, i.e., $354.10bn in 2023.
What are the Top Online Food Delivering Apps in Australia?
The top food delivery app in Australia include Uber Eats, MenuLog, DoorDash and Deliveroo (now being discontinued). These are ranked in the same order, with Uber Eats being on the top. However, there are several other apps, too, which together play a part in generating more and more revenue.
In this article, we have compiled detailed information on the Australian Food Delivery Statistics for 2022-2023. We have also shed light on other important aspects, like the best apps to deliver your food and loads more. Hope you find it worth reading!